Michael J. Bommarito II is the founder of Bommarito Consulting. He has a decade of experience in computing and thrives on challenging, high-energy projects. He also serves as an executive or advisor for a number of startups in the legal and financial tech space. He is an entrepreneur at heart and brings a full spectrum of business and IT expertise to any team.
He holds an M.S.E in Financial Engineering, M.A. in Political Science, and B.S. in Applied Mathematics, all from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. (Go Blue!)
His past employment includes:
- lead researcher at a quantitative hedge fund.
- J2EE/Oracle Transportation Management architect at a logistics firm
- lead system administrator and developer for the Center for the Study of Complex Systems.
His published research includes:
- algorithmic trading and intraday volatility in Quantitative Finance.
- network theory applied to tax law in the Virginia Tax Review.
- graph theory and mathematical legal structures in Physica A.
- legislation and computational linguistics in the New York Times.
- analyzing the social interactions of terrorists in Wired.